The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is a globally recognised health and safety qualification specifically for the construction industry from an established independent examination board.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Duration: 15 Days (plus 1 exam day)
Overview: On completion of the training delegates attending will have the skills and knowledge to identify procedures and systems within their organisation to minimise the risk to persons within the organisation and the skills to develop safe working procedures. NEBOSH guidance on course study time includes an element of private hours study. The recommended minimum private hours and background reading is 56 hours.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely.
- Course Content
The qualification is divided into three units: NGC1 (Management of Health & Safety), NCC1 (Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities) and NCC2 (Construction Health & Safety practical application)
Unit NGC1 : Management of Health & Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems - Policy
- Health and safety management systems - Organizing
- Health and safety management systems - Planning
- Health and safety management systems - Measuring, audit and review
- Construction law management
- Construction site - hazards and risk control
- Movement of people and vehicles - hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal - hazards and risk control
- Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
- Construction Health & Safety practical application
- Final qualification
- Units NGC1, NCC1 and NCC2. A certificate will be issued for each exam successfully completed.
- Additional Information
This accredited NEBOSH qualification is assessed by two exams both lasting 2 hours and a workplace-based practical project.
The exam is conducted in our training centres at the end of the course, and the project is completed in your own workplace. The project should take no longer than 3 hours to complete and you will have 7 days from the exam date to return it to us by post