On completion of the training delegates attending will have the skills and knowledge to identify procedures and systems within their organisation to minimise the risk to persons within the organisation and the skills to develop safe working procedures.
NEBOSH guidance on course study time includes an element of private hours study. The recommended minimum private hours and background reading is 49 hours.
Managers, supervisors and staff
from all types of organisations
who need a broad understanding
of health and safety issues. The
certificate helps them manage risk
Many people take the NEBOSH
certificate as a first steep on
a career in Health & Safety. It
provides a valuable over-view, and
is a sound basis for the further
Unit 1 of NEBOSH National General Certificate 1: Management & Safety includes:
Unit 2 of NEBOSH National General Certificate includes:
- Health and Safety foundations
- Organising for Health and Safety
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety culture
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation, recording and reporting
- Controlling workplace hazards
- Movement of people - hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling, hazards and control
- Work equipment hazards and control
- Electrical hazards and control
- Fire hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health, hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health, hazards and control, construction activities, hazards and control
Units NGC 1, 2 and 3. A certificate will be issued for each exam successfully completed.
This accredited NEBOSH qualification is assessed by two exams both lasting 2 hours and a workplace-based practical project.
The exam is conducted in our training centres at the end of the course, and the project is completed in your own workplace. The project should
take no longer than 3 hours to complete and you will have 7 days from the exam date to return it to us by post.