The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is a globally recognised health & safety qualification that is held by more than 100,000 people in the UK and world-wide.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Duration: 10 Days (plus 1 exam day)
Overview: On completion of the training delegates attending will have the skills and knowledge to identify procedures and systems within their organisation to minimise the risk to persons within the organisation and the skills to develop safe working procedures. NEBOSH guidance on course study time includes an element of private hours study. The recommended minimum private hours and background reading is 49 hours.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risk effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH certificate as a first step on a career in Health & Safety. It provides a valuable over-view, and is a sound basis for the further professional study.
- Course Content
Unit 1 of NEBOSH National General Certificate 1: Management & Safety includes:
- Health and Safety foundations
- Organising for Health and Safety
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety culture
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation, recording and reporting
- Controlling workplace hazards
- Movement of people - hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling, hazards and control
- Work equipment hazards and control
- Electrical hazards and control
- Fire hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health, hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health, hazards and control, construction activities, hazards and control
- Final qualification
- Units NGC 1, 2 and 3. A certificate will be issued for each exam successfully completed.
- Additional Information
This accredited NEBOSH qualification is assessed by two exams both lasting 2 hours and a workplace-based practical project.
The exam is conducted in our training centres at the end of the course, and the project is completed in your own workplace. The project should take no longer than 3 hours to complete and you will have 7 days from the exam date to return it to us by post.