This course is designed for all operatives employed by local authorities, utilities and their contractors to sign, light and guard any road works in the highway.
Learn more about our NRSWA courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 8
Duration: 1 Day
Overview: This course will certificate the successful candidate to undertake the setting out of traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- Designed for all personnel employed by local authorities, utilities and their contractors for the purpose of Signing, Lighting & Guarding of any road works in the highway.
- Course Content
- Understand the safety implications of carrying out Streetworks, with particular reference to the protection of persons engaged on the works and avoidance of danger to the general public.
- Appreciate the need to maintain the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the site, if the works are to comply with the restrictions imposed by the works and the adoption of safe working practices.
- Demonstrate the correct layout of appropriate signs, barriers, lamps, warning notices etc in compliance with the relevant advisory documents.
- Recognise conditions that may necessitate the introduction of special measures such as the installation of portable traffic signals, traffic diversion, road closure etc.
- Maintain the correct operation of portable traffic signals and reposition equipment as work.
- Final qualification
- Delegates will receive a SQA Certificate and a SWQR card.
- Additional Information
- To meet the legal requirements of people working in the highway, this course is designed to meet the City & Guilds criteria. A very hands on practical course with in depth training accompanied by practical assessments. This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.