The IOSH Managing Safely 4 day course is designed for those required to manage safely & effectively in compliance with both their organisation's policy and best practice in health & safety.
Highly successful and practical, IOSH courses are delivered to an average of 60,000 people every year. Courses are delivered both as a four day block and also as one day per week for four weeks.
Learn more about our IOSH courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Duration: 4 Days
Overview: The aim of the course is to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to make their workplace safer.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- This programme is designed for anyone with responsibility for Health & Safety management and associated legislations.
- Course Content
- Successful Health & Safety management.
- Reactive monitoring and risk assessment.
- Risk assessment and control.
- Health & Safety legislation.
- Common hazards to include:
- Work equipment hazards
- Movement of people
- Sources of vehicle hazards
- Manual handling
- Harms from DSE
- Chemicals and substances
- Active monitoring.
- Safety management systems.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Work more safely to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Review safety management arrangements in place and their effectiveness.
- Understand and appreciate the safety and legal implications of management actions relating to Health & Safety.
- Play a key role in the development of safety management systems and a safer working culture for your organisation.
- Final qualification
- Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
- Additional Information