This course focuses on providing guidance for MEWP engineers on regulatory compliance.
Learn more about our IPAF courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 4
Duration: 1 Day
Overview: The IPAF CAP programme extends the promotion of a safety culture to machine maintenance as well as operation. It is intended to provide guidance for platform engineers on compliance with regulatory requirements and to offer documented evidence that individuals can be regarded as competent persons to plan, manage or carry out thorough examinations of powered access equipment within the context of current legislation.
- Who should Attend
- Platform engineers or anyone who is responsible for the safety and maintenance of powered access equipment (MEWPs) and for ensuring that examinations have been carried out.
- Course Content
- Introductions and definitions
- Requirements and formulations of thorough examinations
- Test paper 1 and discussion
- Performance of thorough examinations
- Thorough examinations records
- Defect reporting
- Test paper 2 and discussion
- Practical exercise
- Questions and answer session
- Individual interviews / assessments
- Final qualification
- Delegates that successfully complete the course will be awarded documentary evidence that they are certified as a competent person as well as receiving an IPAF CAP card. The card is valid for 5 years, after which the delegate would need to be reassessed.
- Additional Information
Delegates who are attending this course will be checked for their engineering and relevant technical experience and therefore eligibility to attend the CAP Assessment course. Delegates must hold a CPCS or IPAF Operator card in the categories they require.
Completion of the experience and training profile scorecard, along with supporting documentary evidence will be required and verified prior to attendance.