Delegates will learn how to Inspect and use a harness when using a Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP).
Please note: Delegates will need to bring their own harness and lanyard for the course so it can be used for demonstration purposes.
Learn more about our IPAF courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 10
Duration: 4 Hours
By the end of the course the delegates will:
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety Regulations, Guidance and Standards
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height when working from a MEWP.
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard
- Be able to conduct a periodic examination on a MEWP harness and its associated equipment
- Who should Attend
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) strongly recommends a full body harness with an adjustable lanyard (used to provide work restraint and adjusted to be as short as possible) is used when working from a boom type MEWP. Training is absolutely vital as the repercussions of poorly fitted harnesses or incorrect product selection can be fatal.
- Course Content
- Legislation, Standards and Guidance
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures
- IPAF Harness Statement
- Harness Lanyard and Fittings
- Pre-Use Checks (includes practical exercise)
- Fitting and Adjusting (includes practical exercise)
- Usage and anchor points
- Storage and maintenance
- Hazards and precautions
- Rescue requirements and options
- Achievement Testing
- Final qualification
On successful completion, delegates who hold an IPAF PAL card will have it endorsed with this qualification. Those who do not hold a PAL card will receive an IPAF certificate.
- Additional Information
Course entry criteria:
- Applicants should be at least 16 years old and physically fit
- Delegates will need to bring their own harness and lanyard for the course so it can be used for demonstration purposes
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants hold a valid IPAF PAL card.