Designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved in excavating on public highways.
Learn more about our NRSWA courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 8
Duration: 1 Day
Overview: This course is designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved in excavating on public highways and private land and train them to detect and avoid most buried apparatus.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- Everyone connected with excavation will benefit from this course, including: designers and planners, safety personnel, site management and all operational staff including machine operators.
- Course Content
- Responsibility under Health & Safety at Work Act
- Responsibility to work under HSG47
- Obtaining and understanding utilities drawings
- Use of locating Cat & Genny or similar
- Careful excavation
- Practical assessment.
- Final qualification
- Candidates will gain a SQA qualification certificate.
- Additional Information
- This course is highly participative with both theory and practical sessions, highlighted by the use of PowerPoint presentation.