Learn more about our NRSWA courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 8
Duration: 1 - 5 Days (subject to units)
Overview: To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- This programme is designed for Operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of various materials for undertaking street works.
- Course Content
This course covers:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by SQA standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
- Final qualification
- Courses are available in certificates LA, O1-O6 and O8. In addition, various combinations of the certificates will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.
- Additional Information
- A high proportion of group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments, supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials. A training group may contain a mix of both operatives and supervisors. Sessions will be varied within the overall framework to allow the most effective development of the candidate. Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. Training may be permitted at your own location subject to approval by the awarding body (further information is available on request).