This course is designed for operatives and supervisors who have experience of working on highways and who already hold a current SWQR card that requires renewing.
Learn more about our NRSWA courses
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 16
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This 2 day course is to refresh the knowledge of the delegates in preparation of the question papers that are to follow, this will be done by PowerPoint presentation and delegate / instructor interaction.
Delegates will then be required to sit a question paper for each certificate. There will be a duration allowed of 30 minutes to complete each paper and 80% is the pass mark on each paper.
At the end of the 2 days there will be an opportunity for delegates to re-sit question papers for up to 2 certificates should they fail the required pass mark on their first attempt.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- This course is designed for delegates who already hold a current SWQR card that requires renewing and that has not expired.
- Course Content
Street Works certificates LA and O1-O8 are for operatives and certificates LA and S1-S7 are for supervisors
Certificate details include:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring evacuation in the highway
- Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
- Final qualification
- Successful operatives and supervisors will be issued with an SWQR card.
- Additional Information
The candidate must undertake one question paper per unit, the time allocated for each question paper is 30 minutes.
The pass mark for all re-assessed tests is 80% (8 out of 10) questions for each Street Works certificate.
All questions must be completed by the candidate and cannot discuss with the other candidates.
The refresher test can only be undertaken in the English language, there is no facility to use interpreters.