The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is a globally recognised health & safety qualification that is held by more than 100,000 people in the UK and world-wide.
Duration: 10 Days (plus 1 exam day)
Overview: On completion of the training delegates attending will have the skills and knowledge to identify procedures and systems within their organisation to minimise the risk to persons within the organisation and the skills to develop safe working procedures. NEBOSH guidance on course study time includes an element of private hours study. The recommended minimum private hours and background reading is 49 hours.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
Many people take the NEBOSH certificate as a first step on a career in Health & Safety. It provides a valuable over-view, and is a sound basis for the further professional study.
- Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
- Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
- Element 3: - Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
- Element 4: - Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
- Element 5: - Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
GC2 covers a wide range of common hazards from various working environments and the appropriate control measures required to minimise risk.
- Element 1: Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 2: Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 5: Electrical Safety
- Element 6: Fire Safety
- Element 7: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 8: Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
The exam is conducted in our training centres at the end of the course, and the project is completed in your own workplace. The project should take no longer than 3 hours to complete and you will have 7 days from the exam date to return it to us by post.
There are currently no dates for NEBOSH National General Certificate scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201