This programme is designed for operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of various materials for undertaking street works.
Duration: 1-5 Days (subject to units)
Overview: To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
- Location of underground apparatus.
- Signing, lighting and guarding.
- Excavation in the highway.
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials.
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials.
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by SQA standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
There are currently no dates for New Roads and Street Works For Operatives scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201