This programme is designed for operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of various materials for undertaking street works.
Duration: 1-5 Days (subject to units)
Overview: To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding.
- Monitoring excavation in the highway.
- Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials.
- Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials.
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991.
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by SQA standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. Training may be permitted at your own location subject to approval by the Awarding Body (further information is available upon request).
Upcoming Course Dates
Books, exams & registration fees included (where applicable)
|NRSWA Supervisors Full Course (LA, S1-S5 & S7)||Places||List Price||Web Price From|