The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is an industry recognised course providing companies who need to meet the ever increasing demand for evidence of health and safety compliance with all the relevant knowledge to meet today's legislative demands.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Duration: 5 Days required in total
Overview: This five day course is designed for Site Managers, Agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
This course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a Health & Safety culture among the workforce.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
The course aims to help
Site Managers, Agents and
- Manage Health & Safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- Course Content
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislations which affects them during their daily work.
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and environmental.
- Final qualification
- Delegates must attend all days and all session. On successful completion of the course the delegates are awarded the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.
- Additional Information
- Completed over 5 days, with day release on each date. It is mandatory that delegates attend all 5 days to complete the course.