At the end of this course delegates will have a clear understanding of the health and safety affects of asbestos, and the practical steps they can take to ensure they are either not exposed to it or how to minimise any exposure.
Duration: Half Day
Overview: This course which complies with HSE requirements is a form of training suitable for all employees whose work could forseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2006).
Who Should Attend
- Introduction to asbestos - nature and origin
- Types of asbestos
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos)
- Health hazards
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings
- Current legislation and guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- Working safely/duty holders responsibilities
- Safe working in areas where asbestos is present
- Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Emergency procedures / accidental damage/general procedures
- Self assessment test.
There are currently no dates for Asbestos Awareness scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201