Operative training for any individuals who enter confined spaces such as manholes, shafts, chambers or those who assist with confined space operations.
Currently delivered in Wakefield, Liverpool and Midlands Training centre Birmingham.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 10
Duration: 1 Day
Operative training for any individual who enters spaces such as manholes, shafts and chambers. This course is designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, associated dangers and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and / or vertical entry.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be required to make an emergency excavation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus.
- Course Content
- Confined spaces regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- Methods of risk control
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable risks
- Select appropriate methods of risk control
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Final qualification
- In-house certification valid for 3 years.
- Additional Information
Upcoming Course Dates
Books, exams & registration fees included (where applicable)
|Confined Spaces - In House||Places||List Price||Web Price From|