The IOSH Working Safely course is a basic introduction for all levels of personnel who are non-health and safety experts. The training will give staff the information they need to keep themselves safe at work.
Duration: 1 Day
Overview: To provide delegates with an understanding of their individual and collective duties to contribute to Health & Safety in the workplace.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
- Introduction to include case law updates and the reasons for managing safety.
- Accident causes and their investigation.
- Records and reporting (RIDDOR).
- Risk management and safe systems of work.
- Criminal law and individuals responsibilities.
- Safety policies.
- Communication and consultation.
- Safety signs.
- Common hazards.
- Organisation specific hazards.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace.
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions.
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments.
- Follow their organisation’s Health & Safety policy.
- Co-operate and communicate on Health & Safety matters.
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others.
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor their own activities, and assist managers in active monitoring.
There are currently no dates for IOSH Working Safely scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201