To instruct supervisors and managers how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 10
Duration: 1 Day
This one day course is designed to instruct supervisors and managers how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of MEWPs within their control.
- Who should Attend
Supervisors and managers.
- Course Content
- Introduction including pre-course theory test, IPAF and PAL card overview
- Understanding the different machine classifications i.e. 1a, 1b, 3a, 3b, MC, TPI and IAD
- Awareness of different types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- Examine the history of MEWPs and the sustainability of machine for tasks
- Understanding requirements for pre-use checks and daily maintenance prior to work commencing
- Understanding of regulations relating to MEWP usage
- Brief view of machines to understand some of the hazards (optional)
- Understanding the delivery of machines and familiarisation process on site
- Individual written test, with explanation of pass requirements . N.B Failure to pass will mean the delegate will have to re-sit the course on another day
- Course review and close
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment
- Be fully aware of the need to refer to the machine operating manual and of the need for familiarisations
- Be fully aware of the implications of a hire contract
- Be fully aware of the importance of selecting the correct machine
- Be fully aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
- Final qualification
On successful completion, delegates will receive an IPAF certificate. Please note, this course does not provide delegates with a Powered Access Licence, PAL Card nor qualify them to operate powered access equipment.
- Additional Information
Applicants should be at least 16 years old. It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate as the course is theory-based and involves the understanding of many regulations and standards relating to MEWPs.
There are currently no dates for IPAF MEWPs For Managers scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201