A course designed to minimise the risk of injury to individuals and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace.
Duration: Half Day
Overview: To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
Who Should Attend
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Accident statistics.
- The functions of the spine and muscular system.
- Typical injuries.
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The task
- The load
- The working environment
- Individual capabilities
- Correct handling techniques.
- Practical exercises and tuition.
- Summarise the legislation and manual handling regulations that relate to lifting in the workplace.
- Appreciate the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling.
- Identify and assess potential hazards and choose appropriate methods of risk control which includes the selection of any lifting equipment that may be required.
- Carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner.
There are currently no dates for Manual Handling scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201