What is NEBOSH?
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is an independent examination board which sets Health and Safety exams that are fully up-to-date with current legislation and trends in the industry. Because of this, the NEBOSH organisation is one of the UK’s leading examination boards, and are recognised by other examination boards such as the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) for the quality of their courses. If you enrol on one of our NEBOSH courses, you can be one of the 200,000 people in the UK who are taking their companies’ health and safety to the next level.
Who needs a NEBOSH qualification?
Whether you’re an existing health and safety professional, an employer wanting safer working procedures, or simply an employee looking to learn more about health and safety in the workplace, this course will cover everything in such a comprehensive way that anyone can benefit.
How difficult is a NEBOSH course?
A NEBOSH course and exam are quite challenging, as they require either 49 or 56 hours of independent learning – and on top of that, you will have to complete two, 2 hour exams which cover everything on the course, as well as a practical, work-based element. But don’t worry, on either our 10 or 15 day course, you will be in safe hands with UTN.
Why do I need a NEBOSH qualification?
A NEBOSH qualification is an internationally recognised qualification, and with the National Certificate you will achieve a qualification equivalent to an A Level. Plus, the training you get from one of these courses will help you develop and implement safe working procedures for your company. See more below.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health
With this course you can:
- Minimise the risk to people at work
- Identify and develop safe working procedures and systems
- Reduce downtime and improve employee wellbeing, creating a happier workforce
The recommended amount of private study and background reading for this course is 49 hours.
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
With this course you will:
- Learn everything with the National General Certificate in Occupational Health plus:
- Learn about construction focused aspects of Health and Safety
- Cover the main legal regulations for health and safety in the UK such as Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Learn on a course developed by extensive research with health and safety professionals.
- Improve the safety culture of your organisation
The recommended amount of private study and background reading for this course is 56 hours.