Highly participative course with both practical and theory sessions.
Duration: 1 day
Overview: To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of and/or the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) in the safe mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable machinery.
The practical session includes fitting correct disks and cutting different types of materials.
Who Should Attend
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes
- Safe work area
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Method of marking, storing, handling and transporting
- Storage, checking and use of discs
- Machine checks
- Mounting and dressing
- Be able to correctly mark, store, handle and transport abrasive wheels and any ancillary equipment such as discs.
- Understand the legal requirements and their responsibility for the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Identify a potential hazard and its reasonable foreseeable risks
- Select the appropriate machinery and PPE required for the work being undertaken
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct a practical exercise using the appropriate safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment.
For training held at your own location please ensure you make available a classroom suitable for the number of delegates attending, with a 240v power supply. Please ensure the practical area is free from harm, suitable from training and that it has been risk assessed.
There are currently no dates for Abrasive Wheels Theory and Practical scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201