This course is for Site Managers, Agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning groups of staff and workforce.
Duration: 12 Days
The CITB SMSTS refresher online course is designed for candidates who have already passed the SMSTS Course.
This refresher brings your health and safety knowledge up to date and provides a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. It builds on the material in the original course as well as introducing new subjects.
This CITB SMSTS Refresher Online Course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
Who Should Attend
People who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate or subsequent SMSTS refresher certificate. Candidates must attend the refresher course prior to the end date on their certificate. Anyone who does not attend before their certificate expires will risk their right to attend a refresher course and will be required to attend the full course again.
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics;
- Legislation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- Overview of proposed/impending legislation
- RIDDOR - Accident statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities/methods in prevention
- HSE's current focus on construction activities
- Safety management systems, policies, plans and performance measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Communication and consultation aspects, effective use of 'toolbox talks' and 'site inductions'
- Behavioural Safety including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Syndicate exercises
It is mandatory that you attend both days of this remote course.
You will need access to a Laptop or PC computer with a webcam, microphone and speaker; some tablets can run Microsoft Teams so please check your hardware prior to booking your course.
Course publications will be provided electronically prior to the course commencing.
Photographic ID is required at course commencement (Passport, Photo card Driving Licence or CSCS photo Card)
Candidates will need to show a copy of their current (in date) SMSTS certificate on the course.
At the end of this virtual SMSTS course delegates are required to sit an exam consisting of 25 questions, The exam will be delivered via Microsoft Forms (no special software is required). These will be completed in groups of 6 candidates per exam sitting.
You will also need the ability to open PDF documents
Upcoming Course Dates
Books, exams & registration fees included (where applicable)
|CITB Site Management SMSTS REFRESHER - VIRTUAL||Places||List Price||Web Price From|