This course instructs an operator to prepare and safely operate Static Boom 1b self-propelled booms.
Operators will need to bring their own harness in order to complete 1b training. Alternatively you can contact us on 08707 871 511 to purchase a harness from UTN Training.
If maximum numbers reached, additional tutors may be available.
Duration: 1 Day
A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the MEWPs safely and proficiently. Courses can be undertaken on scissor lifts, boom lifts, trailer mounted or truck mounted platforms.
Who Should Attend
Who needs a PAL Card?
If you need to work at height and use access equipment (MEWPs):
- IPAF believes that you should receive basic training
- In addition to your main job, e.g. electrician, painter, decorator, cleaner, you will acquire a new skill
- Platforms are designed to be easy to use and offer a safe way to work at height, but with basic training you will use the equipment more effectively and safely
If you are an employer
- You can be sure that legal requirements have been fulfilled if your platform operators have the PAL card
- Most legislation, covering Health & Safety obligations, accident prevention and work at height regulations, requires you to provide employees with proper and adequate training in the use of work equipment.
- IPAF training to the highest standard means that your platform operators will also work more efficiently and productively.
- Awareness of different types of MEWPs
- Safe operation of MEWPs and limitations of use
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Planning the route before operating the MEWP
- Travelling the route and manoeuvring the MEWP
- Setting up the MEWP for work
- Basic operational practice
- Achievement testing
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
- Log book issue
- Course review and close
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment
- Be able to manoeuvre the machine as required and drive the machine proficiently and safely
- Be able to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner.
The course is for a duration of 1 - 3 days, depending on the number of categories required. On successful completion, delegates will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card giving instant recognition of identity and the categories accredited. The card is valid for 5 years, after which the delegate would need to be re-assessed.
Course entry criteria
- Applicants should be at least 16 years old and physically fit
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants have had driving experience as an indication of dexterity.
There are currently no dates for IPAF Operator - Static Boom 1b scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201