Designed to enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the Push Around Vertical (PAV) safely and proficiently.
Duration: Half Day
A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to enable operators to manoeuvre and position the machine safely and proficiently. It can be undertaken on Push Around Verticals (PAVs).
Who Should Attend
- Safe operation of PAV and limitations of use
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Emergency lowering
- Planning the route before operating the PAV
- Introduction to the PAV
- Major components identification and its function
- Starting/stopping the PAV, correct starting and shut down procedures
- Travelling the route and manoeuvring the PAV
- Setting up the PAV for work
- Basic operational practice
- Achievement testing
- Use of log book, course evaluation and close
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control.
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment, correct emergency procedures, capacity and limitations.
- Be able to manoeuvre and position the machine as required, and operate the machine proficiently and safely.
- Be able to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner.
Operators who are already trained in the categories 1a and / or 3a will also be able to use a PAV after being familiarised by a qualified person with the specific machine. On successful completion, delegates that do already hold an IPAF ePAL or PAL card will have their log book endorsed with this qualification. Delegates that do not hold an IPAF ePAL or PAL Card will receive an ePAL (electronic Powered Access Licence), giving instant recognition of identity and the categories accredited. This is valid for 5 years, after which the delegate would need to be re-assessed. If the delegate require a hardcopy IPAF Card and Certificate an extra cost of £15 + VAT applies.
- Applicants should be at least 16 years old.
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate.
- It is desirable ( but not mandatory ) that applicants have had driving experience as an indication of dexterity.
There are currently no dates for IPAF Push Around Vertical scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201