The Ladder Association Ladder and Step Ladder User and Inspection training course provides delegates with a recognised certification enabling a person to safely use ladders and step-ladders to carry out, and document, periodic statutory ladder inspections.
Overview: The Ladder and Step ladder User and Inspection training one day course aims to provide a recognised user and inspection course for ladders enabling users to safely use, carry out and document periodic statutory inspections.
Who Should Attend
And you will have an understanding of:
- Legislation & regulations affecting working at height in the UK.
- Product standards & classifications for ladders & step ladders.
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders & step ladders.
- The relevant legislation, guidance and ACOP's governing the inspection of ladders and step ladders
- The difference between pre-use and formal inspections.
- The difference between maintenance & repairs and who is allowed to do them.
- The correct methods of disposal of equipment at the end of its working life.
On completing the course, you will be competent to:
- Assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders & step ladders
- Safely use ladders & step ladders
- Carry out the pre-use inspection of ladders & step ladders for damage
- Accurately record details of ladders & step ladders
- Thoroughly inspect ladders & step ladders and identify safety critical faults.
- Recommend action to be taken if faults found.
- Certification is valid for 5 years
- Successful delegates will be issued with a Ladder Association Certificate and I.D. Card