This one-day course qualifies delegates as mental health first aid champions. Delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and be given the confidence to promote mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
Duration: 1 Day
Ideal for line managers, the one-day mental health first aid course is for those wanting to gain awareness of mental illness. Enabling them to understand common mental health illnesses to support their own mental health and the wellbeing of colleagues.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for those who want to gain a greater awareness of workplace mental health, to detect early symptoms of common mental health illnesses and the skills to support their own and others’ positive wellbeing.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a Mental Health First Aid Champion certificate.
There is no formal assessment for this course but delegates must complete all sections of the course.
**Please be aware that this course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If a delegate feels overwhelmed they can leave the course at any time.