Duration: 1 - 5 Days (subject to units)
Overview: To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by SQA standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
There are currently no dates for NRSWA Operatives Units 1-6 & 8 (including Hot Lay) scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201