This course is for first line managers - those who have to, or are about to, acquire supervisory responsibilities.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote Health & Safety to supervise effectively.
This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group UKCG as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and, as such, the course must be delivered as laid out in the following programme.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
The course aims to ensure
that all those given supervisory
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
- What is expected of them.
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- Course Content
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Have an understanding of how Health & Safety law is structured and how it applies to Supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
- Final qualification
- On successful completion of the course the delegates are awarded the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.
- Additional Information
- This course is an ideal foundation for obtaining a basic understanding of Health & Safety duties and responsibilities for junior management, and upon successful completion of this course, a natural progression would be the 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. Existing Site Managers, Agents, Surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend the 5 day SMSTS course.
Upcoming Course Dates
Books, exams & registration fees included (where applicable)
|CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme - Initial||Places||List Price||Web Price From|