This course is for first line managers - those who have to, or are about to, acquire supervisory responsibilities.
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote Health & Safety to supervise effectively.
This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group UKCG as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and, as such, the course must be delivered as laid out in the following programme.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
- What is expected of them.
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Have an understanding of how Health & Safety law is structured and how it applies to Supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
There are currently no dates for SSSTS Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme - CITB scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201