What is a CITB ATO?
CITB is changing the way it supports training for the construction industry. Part of this strategic change is the creation of CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO) status that is awarded to training providers.
UTN Training, part of the AFI group of companies are a CITB approved training organisation, meaning we have successfully completed CITB’s approval process and are an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard.
What are the benefits to our customers?
1. We are recognised by CITB as well as the British construction industry as a training provider who can deliver good quality training that meets the industry approved standards
2. We can help those who are looking for CITB grant funded training courses, providing automated grant payments making it easier for you to book courses with us for your staff and be reimbursed for it
New grant rates will be introduced and fall into 3 ‘tiers’ based on duration, level of training, content and assessment, for example:
Tier 1 (eligible for £30 grant upon achievement):
- IPAF MEWPS for Managers
- IPAF Harness
- CITB Temporary Works Supervisor
- PASMA Towers for Users
- Confined Spaces
- CITB SSSTS Refresher
Tier 2 (eligible for £70 grant upon achievement):
- New Roads and Streetworks Operatives/Supervisors
- CITB Temporary Works Co-ordinator
- CITB SSSTS
- CITB SMSTS Refresher
Tier 3 (eligible for £120 grant upon achievement):
Want to find out more about the CITB levy changes?
As from 1st April, CITB will be making changes to its grants scheme to maintain training standards, improve learning outcomes and make it easier for you to access support.
Short duration courses which are focused on key construction skills will be eligible for grant support and primarily paid out on achievement with rates that are affordable to you. What’s more, grant support payments will be automated meaning we take the paperwork off your hands.
Download our useful document for more information that you need to know.