IPAF MEWPs for Managers new generation online e-learning training designed to instruct supervisors and managers on how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of MEWPs within their control.
- Course Overview
Number of Delegates: 1
Duration: 4-6 Hours
This is a CITB grant funded training course – find out more
To instruct supervisors and managers on how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
This online e-learning course takes 4-6 hours to complete and is designed to instruct supervisors and managers on how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of MEWPs within their control.
- Who should Attend
Supervisors and managers who prefer the flexibility to study online.
Employers, project managers, foremen and supervisors working in a broad range of industries such as construction, facilities management, retail, airports and arboriculture who prefer the flexibility to study online.
Anyone who is responsible for planning and overseeing the use of MEWPs on their job site.*
*The above copy is taken from here
- Course Content
- Introduction including pre-course theory test, IPAF and PAL card overview
- Understanding the different machine classifications i.e. 1a, 1b, 3a, 3b, MC, TPI and IAD
- Awareness of the different types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- Examine the history of MEWPs and the sustainability of machine for tasks
- Understanding requirements for pre-use checks and daily maintenance prior to work commencing
- Understanding of regulations relating to MEWP usage
- Brief view of machines to understand some of the hazards (optional)
- Understanding the delivery of machines and familiarisation process on site
- Individual online test, with explanation of the pass requirements. N.B. The candidate will have up to three attempts to pass the course; failure to pass will require the individual to purchase the course again.
- ELearning Course review and close
By the end of the course, the delegate will:
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Be fully aware of the need to refer to the machine operating manual and of the need for familiarisations
- Be fully aware of the implications of a hire contract
- Be fully aware of the importance of selecting the correct machine
- Be fully aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
Online course criteria
Criteria that must be met to undertake the ELearning course is:
- The training must be conducted on a desktop PC, laptop or large tablet (NOT a mobile phone) with appropriate internet access.
- The device must have a camera enabled, as facial recognition will be used throughout.
- Candidates undertaking the course must agree to be photographed for the facial recognition.
- Candidates are required to undertake the online training alone. If the camera picks up a different or additional face, then the training may cease.
If you would prefer to complete this class in a classroom environment please refer to our IPAF MEWPs For Managers.
- Final qualification
On successful completion, delegates will receive an IPAF certificate. Those who hold a valid Powered Access Licence for operating equipment can have the MEWPs for Managers (MM) category added to their PAL Card. Please note, this course does not provide delegates with a Powered Access Licence, PAL Card nor qualify them to operate powered access equipment.
- Additional Information
Applicants should be at least 16 years old. It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate as this Elearning course is theory-based and involves the understanding of many regulations and standards relating to MEWPs.
Call us on 03301 340 201 to book this course today.
Office Hours Only: Mon – Fr 7am – 5pm, excluding Bank Holidays