Providing an understanding of the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER).
Only at our Wakefield training centre.
Duration: Half Day
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of and/or the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) in the safe mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable machinery.
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to use abrasive wheels in the workplace or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes
- Safe work area
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Method of marking, storing, handling and transporting
- Storage, checking and use of discs
- Machine checks
- Mounting and dressing.
- Understand the legal requirements and their responsibility for the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Identify a potential hazard and its reasonable foreseeable risks
- Select the appropriate machinery and PPE required for the work being undertaken
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Be able to correctly mark, store, handle and transport abrasive wheels and any ancillary equipment such as discs.
- Conduct a practical exercise using the appropriate safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
Upon successful completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive an in-house certificate, valid for 3 years.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request). For training held at your own location please ensure you make available a classroom suitable for the number of delegates attending, with a 240v power supply. Please ensure the practical area is free from harm, suitable from training and that it has been risk assessed.
There are currently no dates for Abrasive Wheels Awareness scheduled, but this doesn't mean we can't run a course especially for you and your staff. Simply fill out the form with your required training or call us on 03301 340 201